VOTER DECLARATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. ONLINE VOTING - the declaration is included.
2. IN PERSON VOTING - bring the declaration with you or fill one out at the polling station.
3. MAIL IN BALLOT - THE DECLARATION MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL INCLUDING WITNESS SIGNATURES.
To obtain a Mail in package
- Drop the completed Voter Declaration off at the Admin Building
- Mail the completed Voter Declaration to :
Marlene Roy, Ratification Officer,
10233 - 100 Ave.
Fort St John, BC
Once received, the Ratification Officer will send you a Mail In Ballot with a pre-paid return envelope. The Ballot must be returned and received by close of polls on December 7th.
What are we voting on?
SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO PRESENTATIONS
Other Background Documents include:
The FNFN Land Code is a land law that will (if approved) replace the lands management sections of the Indian Act. If passed, FNFN would regain control over our reserve lands and can address things like:
Protecting FNFN reserve lands and Environment
Rules and procedures for purchasing, selling, and registering reserve land
Financial accountability to citizens for reserve land revenues (such as leases)
How FNFN will make land laws on reserve
A dispute resolution process
A Land Code Will Not
Affect additions to reserves or land claims
Increase provincial or municipal jurisdiction
Affect taxation or tax exemption
Affect Treaty/Indigenous rights